Closest City / Town: Indian Hills
- From the junction of C-470 and US-285, head southwest on US-285 S
- Continue west on US-285 for 4.2 miles
- Exit right onto County Road 120 (aka Parmalee Gulch Road)
- Continue on Parmalee Gulch Road for approximately 4.3 miles
- The trailhead will be on your left (west) at the very top of the hill; look for a large gravel parking lot.
Hiking Distance: ~3.3 miles (roundtrip)
Cross over to the east side of Parmalee Gulch Road from the trailhead. Continue on the Bear Creek Trail for 1.2 miles until you reach your first trail intersection. Hang a left at the junction onto the West Ridge Loop Trail. You’ll stay on the West Ridge Loop Trail for just under a mile until you reach your next intersection. Don’t miss out on the incredible views to the west. Take a left at the next intersection and remain on the West Ridge Loop Trail. After another .8 miles, take a right and follow the Bear Creek Trail back to the trailhead.
This loop offers some fantastic views of the Mount Evans Wilderness Area and Mount Evans to the west. Take your time and keep your eyes on the beautiful horizon line. We suggest hiking in the early morning or around dusk to take advantage of the incredible natural lighting